7 tricks to make your make-up last longer
Most of us don't pay attention to our pre-make-up regime, do we? However, it's more important to get that right before we put on layers of make-up. Here are '7 quick tips' you need:
- This is the basic but many of us choose to ignore using a primer. Professional make-up artist Twisha Gangoo insists, 'Always use a primer before starting your make-up to keep it going all day!'
- You could go an extra mile to achieve tight and firm skin. Twisha says, apply egg whites all over your face, especially near the eyes. Doing this would help your skin firm up and tighten. Leave the egg whites on for about 10 minutes and rinse well with lukewarm water, right before an outing or party. Use this mask as a primer.'
- 'Apply your blush to the cheeks before using foundation, this makes for a great hack to give your face a glow that looks like it's coming from beneath the skin.'
- Puffy eyes always make you look rundown. Twisha suggests, 'To reduce puffiness around the eyes, freeze some eye cream in the ice tray and apply onto the lids and under eye area before eye make-up.'
- An easy and refreshing way to prep yourself before make-up is by using some ice cubes. Twisha advises, 'Rub ice cubes on the face before applying make-up as ice helps shut and conceal pores making the skin appear smoother.'
- Nothing beats that natural glow, for this Twisha says, 'Mix egg yolks and extra virgin olive oil. Apply it on for 20 minutes before your make-up regime for a natural golden glow to the skin.'
- Not many of us like our face glossy and shimmery all the time. Here is a hack that works, 'Use a deodorant by spraying on your finger and lightly dab it under the eye and T-zone to give your face a matte look,' explains Twisha. However, be cautious if you have sensitive skin or suffer from skin allergies. Also, if you want your lip colour to last you longer, here is how a lip brush can help.
However, getting rid of your eye make-up can be quite a task, but here are some natural make-up removers you could use. Also, if you apply your make-up regularly, here is why you should take a breather from heavy cosmetics.
Image source: Getty Images
For more articles on make-up, visit our make-up section. For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter.
Stay Tuned to TheHealthSite for the latest scoop updates
Join us on