There are somethings that are classic with children, like finger painting, play dough, slime and bubbles. There’s not a child on this planet who doesn’t like these things. And it is a winner for parents too, because it keeps the children occupied and there’s no screen or technology involved. win-win, right!
But as is wont with kids, you need to keep coming with either something new, or jazz up the old activities to keep them interested. I am a huge fan of slime because my toddler loves to play with it. She can spend hours playing with it, hiding tiny toys in the slime and ‘discovering’ them. However, I could see the novelty wearing off and she was getting bored of the plain old slime. So I got to work and stumbled upon this amazing recipe for bubble slime! That name itself says that it will be a winner with kids, right? The ingredients are few and you probably have it lying around the house. The best thing about this bubble slime is that it is reusable and doesn’t dry out easily, given that you store it in either an airtight bag or container. Here’s the recipe, and also a video that you can watch.
What you need
- 120 ml. glue
- 120 ml. liquid starch
- Food coloring or watercolor (optional)
- Container for storing the slime
- Pour entire bottle of glue into your mixing bowl.
- Add a few drops of watercolor to make your slime a little more fun. Give it a quick mix.
- Pour liquid starch into another bowl. Make sure it’s a 1:1 ratio.
- Pour liquid starch into mixture, a spoonful at a time.
- Once you’ve poured in all your liquid starch, use hands to knead the rest of the starch in.
- Pinch off piece of slime, then insert your straw. Make sure edges are sealed well so no air sneaks out. Then blow!
Image and video: Youtube/ whatsupmoms
Published: February 9, 2017 11:14 am