Eating plain sprouts or oats once a week may seem right for a foodie, but after a while you start craving for junk food. What if all the healthy ingredients could become a part of the tasty recipes and you could enjoy them guilt free? Here is a classic combination of cottage cheese or paneer and peas that you will love. These tikis are packed with protein, fibre and calcium and can make for an excellent evening snack. This tikki is loaded with fresh vegetables and is not deep fried. This recipe will make you forget the greasy oily wraps, because not only is it healthy but delectable too. You can also try this recipe of a wrap from leftover veggies or this jowar ki tikki.
- 1/4 boiled green peas
- 1/2 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
- 2tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/4 cup milk for coating
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats for coating
- 1tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and shape each portion into a 37 mm (1 and 1/2 ) round, flat, tikki.
- Dip each tikki in milk and then roll them in the oats till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tawa griddle and grease it lightly using 1/8 tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki on a medium flame, using 1/8 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Garnish with onion rings, a few red capsicum strips and a few green capsicum strips and serve hot with green chutney.
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Video source: TheHealthSite/YouTube
Published: October 17, 2016 5:33 pm