One of the leading triggers of acidity is the food we eat. Sometimes consuming plain rice may also lead to acidity. But this does not mean you have to live without eating rice. In this recipe, plain rice is replaced with fibre rich brown rice so that it will not cause acidity. In addition, the green peas and fenugreek(methi) leaves are alkaline in nature and help relieve acidity.
- 1/2 cup green peas(boiled)
- 2 cups fenugreek or methi leaves(chopped)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cups brown rice(soaked and cooked)
- 1/2 cup onions(thinly sliced)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil on a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds
- Add the green peas and saute on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Now add the fenugreek leaves, 2bsp water and saute on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and salt and mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Image source: Shutterstock Images
You may also like to read:
Here are 10 home remedies for acidity that really work.
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Image for representation only
Published: May 4, 2015 6:45 pm