One and all enjoy the oh-so-aromatic masala chai. Although you surely prepare the chai every day in your kitchen, the one made with lemon grass is different and has a unique flavour. Lemongrass is not just refreshing, but it also has amazing detoxifying properties. It has diuretic properties that help the body release toxins. It also has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that can ward off cough and cold. The ginger added to this chai can provide relief if you have a sore throat. A warm cup of this tea can reduce flatulence, constipation or heartburn. Children, however, should not consume lemongrass without consulting a doctor. You can also try this healthy corn chai with shirred eggs by Ranveer Brar. Here are 6 soothing teas for every pregnant woman.
Serves 2 cups
- 1/2 tsp chai
- 2 tbsp tea powder (chai ki party)
- 2 tbsp sugar (or stevia if you are diabetic)
- 2 lemongrass stalks, each cut into 50 mm. (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger (adrak)
- 2 cups milk
- Combine 2 cups of water, tea powder, sugar lemongrass, and ginger in a non-stick saucepan and boil on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, mix well and bring to boil over a medium flame. When the mixture boils till the brim, reduce the flame to slow to prevent it from spilling out and continue to boil for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring continuously if required.
- Strainer immediately using a sieve and discard the tea powder mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Image for representation only
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: February 5, 2016 2:59 pm