If you are running out of option for your tiffin or your evening snack, we have something exciting that you can carry with you to your work. Prepared with poha, moong dal and spinach it is loaded with iron and makes for a very nutritious snack. The lemon juice added to this dish will aid in the absorption of iron in your body. What’s more, it is easy to prepare and is also very satiating. Also, try preparing this iron-rich milkshake.
- 2 cups beaten rice (jada poha)
- 1/4 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram) washed and drained
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp sugar
- t tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Salt to taste
- Soak the moong dal in enough water in a bowl for about an hour.
- Drain, add the rice flakes and green chillies and grind to a coarse paste, without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the spinach, coriander, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Divide into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball and flatten it into your palms.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it using 1 tsp of oil and soak 5 cutlets using 1 tsp oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat the steps to prepare one more batch of cutlets. Serve hot with green chutney.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: May 27, 2016 6:30 pm