This herb and garlic fish is an easy to prepare, extremely aromatic and flavourful dish. Cooked in dried herbs this dish is packed with vitamins A, B and D that have a lot of health benefits. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids fish is beneficial for your heart in several ways. Try and cook it for your dinner today.
- 4 surmai (boneless fillets)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp lemon (rind)
- 15 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stalk fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a mortar place cumin seeds, peppercorns, sea salt and crush coarsely with a pestle. Add red chilli flakes, dried mixed herbs, lemon rind, garlic cloves, fresh coriander leaves and olive oil and blend them.
- Take the fish fillets and make slant slits on the skin side.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil. Place the fish fillets on it with the flesh side up.
- Apply this marinade to the fish fillets and keep aside.
- Bake in the oven at 220-degree centigrade for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the chopped garlic. Drain the oil.
- Take the fried garlic in a bowl. Add chopped parsley and mix.
- Serve the fish hot with garlic parsley as an accompaniment.
You may also like to read:
Image for representation only
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Video source: Zee Khana Khazana Official Channel/YouTube
Published: May 22, 2015 7:42 pm