If you are trying to make your child’s meal more interesting you should try this yummy vegetable paratha. Your kids will get the nutrients with wholesome ingredients found in this healthy paratha. Carrots make these parathas rich in vitamin A, which is essential for your baby’s eye health. The fenugreek leaves provide the necessary iron and fibre.
- 1 tbsp chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 tbsp grated bottle gourd (doodhi/lauki)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tbsp curd (dahi)
- A pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into 75mm diameter circles using little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook each paratha, using ½ tsp of ghee for each paratha, till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve with curd.
You may also like to try:
Image for representation only
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: August 27, 2015 4:15 pm | Updated:August 28, 2015 9:39 pm