This colourful and nutritious vegetarian dish is not only yummy but can also be prepared in a jiffy. Rich in protein and carbohydrates, this dish also pools in vitamin A from the bell peppers. Paneer or cottage cheeses is a good source of calcium and the tomatoes added are filled with folic acid and the antioxidant, lycopene.
- 2 and 1/2 cups capsicum(red, yellow and green cubes)
- 1/2 cup low-fat paneer(cottage cheese cubes)
- 1/2 cup onion cubes
- 1/2 tsp ginger(adrak) paste
- 1 tsp garlic(lehsun) paste
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves(kasuri methi)
- 1 and 1/4 cups fresh tomato pulp
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deeo non-stick kadai, add the onion and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, and dr5ied fenugreek leaves and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, mix wewll and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Add the tomato pulp, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occassionally.
- Add the paneer and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Serve immediately with roti or whole wheat paratha.
If you love paneer, you may also want to try:
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Video source: Tarla Dalal/YouTube
Published: August 31, 2015 6:50 pm