To lose weight, you have to budge from the metabolism plateau your body has set for you. You have to boost your metabolism, so the body well utilises that stored fats. We know that you are pressed for time, so we got you a quick workout that will help build metabolism-boosting muscle. This is a short workout, but it will get your heart rate up while toning your abs, back, arms and legs. Also, practice these 5 yoga asanas to boost your metabolism.
Metabolism boosting exercise tips
- Do aerobic exercises like walking, running, swimming and cycling at least for 45 minutes every day. If you are exercising for the first time, start with 15-20 minutes of exercising and later increase the amount of time. You could start by just taking the stairs or going for morning walks.
- Focus more on anaerobic exercises that involve weights and proper endurance training because they help muscles to develop fast and readily put you in a fat-burning mode.
- Every time you exercise, try to reach a peak in every routine. Instead of a non-stop workout, try to break your activities for the shorter time span. This will help you to break your weight plateau.
- Lastly, do not forget to relax your body and rest well.
- Never skip breakfast. It is the start up for your metabolism. While you’re sleeping your metabolic rate is lowered, and it needs an instant boost as soon as you wake up.
- Eat smaller meals frequently instead of eating a huge meal once or twice. Space out your meals at an interval of 3 hours. Have healthy snacks in between. Do not starve. Eating lesser calories lowers the metabolism drastically, and the body adapts to this pattern.
- Drink a lot of water because if you are dehydrated for a long time, your metabolism rate remains stagnant. Here are 13 more ways to boost your metabolism and loose weight quickly.
Image source: Getty Images
Video source: POPSUGAR Fitness/YouTube
Published: February 15, 2017 5:51 pm