If like me, even you have been intrigued with the Jamsu makeup technique, that everyone on the social media is raving about, you have come to the right place. Beauty and makeup gurus on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook and everywhere else are going crazy about Jamsu, even though their opinions are divided on whether it works or not.
What is Jamsu?
Jamsu is a makeup technique wherein you do your base makeup with foundation and concealer and then bake your face by applying a good amount of baby powder. Then you dunk your face in cold water for 30 seconds. What this does is give you a photo-finish look that is even, giving you a smooth looking skin that stays for long and won’t melt away even after a couple of hours.
How to do Jamsu — step by step
- Start with a clean face. Wash your face with facewash, followed by a cleanser.
- Pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturiser all over your face and neck.
- take some foundation and apply it all over your face and neck with a brush or beauty blender.
- Now apply your concealer on all problem areas, focussing on undereyes, forehead, the bridge of your nose and under the lips.
- Now, cover your face with a generous amount of baby powder, like you would for baking your face.
- Now, in a basin of cold water, dunk your face for 30 seconds. You can dunk your face for 30 seconds straight or do it in breaks.
- Now pat dry your face with a towel.
- If your face looks too white, or there are patches of powder, you may want to dunk your face in cold water again. Repeat the pat dry.
- Now you can go ahead with the rest of your makeup, once your face is completely dry.
Here’s a video that demonstrates the whole process:
Video source: Youtube/ Denise Lim
Image source: Shutterstock
Published: November 4, 2016 3:27 pm