Do you keep on getting zits on your face? While there could be many causes, you need to ensure that you take the right measures to treat as well as prevent acne. So there here a couple of dos and don’ts, Dr Rasna Kapoor, Senior Consulting Dermatologist at Kaya Skin Clinics, wants you to follow with regards to your regular skin care at home.
- You need to ensure that your face is clean, but at the same time, you don’t need to use a cleanser way too often. Just twice a day should be good enough. Using cleansers that have alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic or beta hydroxyl acids such as salicylic acid or even the combination of the two can help you treat acne at home.
- Don’t exfoliate your skin too much with scrubs as they can further irritate your skin.
- We understand acne is very irritating but it is also important not to pick on them as doing that can further damage your skin, and it will take much longer for the acne to heal.
- When it comes to makeup, make sure you try and use mineral makeup as mineral makeup does not support bacterial growth.
- Also, it is vital that you eat a healthy and well-balanced diet and hydrate yourself well. These 12 homoeopathic medicines help treat acne.
If you feel that the acne doesn’t come under control with your regular skin care routine, it is crucial that you see a dermatologist who can help you. Only a dermatologist will be able to tell you the underlying cause of recurrent acne. And when you are prescribed any acne cream, it is important to apply it on the whole face and not just in the concerned areas because there could be new hidden zits on the skin which also need to be treated. Watch the video for a few more tips to deal with acne. Here are 5 expert-recommended laser treatments to get rid of acne scars.
Image source: Shutterstock Images
Published: July 19, 2017 4:58 pm