- Nirmalya Dutta
October 14, 2013 at 01:15pm
We’ve let down our girls again. India refused to sign the first-ever global resolution on early and forced marriage of children led by the UN.
November 28, 2012 at 04:02pm
World AIDS Day on 1 December brings together people from around the world to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and demonstrate international
July 19, 2012 at 08:19am
A new report by the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) shows that domestic funding for HIV has exceeded international investments.
June 26, 2012 at 10:20am
June 26 is the International Day against drug abuse and illicit drug trafficking. Read UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon's message to the
Ask an expert
- World Heart Day 2014: Heart disease kills more than 30% people worldwide
Eleven cardio-vascular organisations all over the world have called on United Nations to include cardio-vascular diseases in the UN Sustainable
- Kajol speaks about children’s health at UN summit
Bollywood actress Kajol says she had a memorable stint at the United Nations where her campaign 'Help A Child Reach 5' was appreciated by the
- World Alzheimer’s Day 2014: Concerted efforts needed to protect rights of sufferers
September 21 is the World Alzheimer's Day Globally, there are about 35.6 million people living with dementia and according to the World Health
- Latest Ebola News: Will the ‘UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response’ combat the outbreak?
Ebola outbreak in West Africa has been declared a threat to peace and security by the UN Security Council. UN chief Ban Ki-moon emphasised that the
- Latest Ebola News: UN pledges to support fight against Ebola in West Africa
In the wake of the deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa, the UN has vowed to radically scale up support to fight the Ebola virus outbreak in West
- Latest Ebola News: UN urges system-wide support for WHO’s fight against Ebola
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Wednesday called for United Nations system-wide support to the World Health Organisation's (WHO) efforts to fight
- Latest Ebola News: Ebola outbreak has affected over one million people
The latest update issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO) highlights that the Ebola outbreak has affected more than a million people in West
- Are the UN estimates for HIV deaths inflated?
Anti-AIDS drugs have helped save 19 million years of human life since 1996, said an analysis Tuesday which also slashed UN estimates for HIV deaths