Sex isn’t just about self-satisfaction. In fact, if you really want to score high in the bed, it’s essential you build up your sexual stamina to last the distance and keep your other-half happy. Here are some simple tips for a more fulfilling sex life.
Staying fit and healthy for better sex
Sex may appear simple enough to master (unless you’re an inexperienced teenager or a 40-year-old virgin fumbling around in the dark). However, if you really want to boost the potency of your passion, it might be time you tried some of the following techniques:
- Working out groin muscles — If you often find yourself struggling around with muscle pain the morning after a steamy night of passion, it might be useful to regularly stretch your groin, keeping it primed and ready for even the most outrageous sexual position. Basic groin stretches will prepare your body for a forthcoming sexual epic, so make sure you regularly try out a few when you get the chance.
- Building arm muscles — Sexual stamina can require great upper-body strength depending on which coital position you’re planning to adopt. It may therefore be a good idea to enjoy the occasional free-weights session, gradually toning up your arm muscles. The odd bout of upper body exercise could really keep you energised for longer-lasting sex. Here are some exercises you can try to strengthen your arm muscles.
- Staying mentally focused — An obvious one this, but if you really want to make the most of your sexual encounters, it’s vital you don’t let the possible repercussions play on your mind. Avoid worrying and allow yourself to stay focused in the bedroom by taking adequate precautions before you hop into the bed.
- Reducing alcohol consumption — If your nightly routine consists of downing the odd beer at the local bar, , you may need to reassess your thirst for booze before stumbling home for a swift night of passion. Alcohol can seriously damage your sexual hormone levels. A few drinks with the friends may help keep up social appearances, but they certainly won’t keep up things in the bedroom. So, take it easy on the alcohol. Read more to find out about the various culprits that can cause harm to your sex life.
- Improving blood-flow — Before you run to the doctor at the first sign of erectile problems, try and adopt a more natural way of increasing the blood flow to your groin, without the aid of Viagra. By regularly flexing and massaging your body’s central groin muscles, blood will start to flow more readily in that area, allowing you to stand to attention for longer in the bedroom. Here is how you can do kegel exercises and increase blood-flow to your pelvic region.
- Flexing the abdominal muscles — Whilst your torso may currently appear more of a flabby twelve-pack than a toned six-pack, a little abdominal exercise could go a long way in boosting your sexual stamina. The abs are key to providing bursts of sexual energy, driving the groin by thrusting it forwards and then releasing it. As a result, a few daily crunches or sit-ups could really develop your sex life, preventing you from flopping down onto your partner with sheer exhaustion in the middle of a bedtime romp. So build up those belly muscles and you’ll be feeling abs-olutely fabulous in no time!
- Loving thyself , but not too much — It won’t make you go blind, but ‘self-love’ could certainly damage your chances of making a potent first impression. What could be worse on a hot date than whipping off your boxer shorts to reveal not much at all, really? No matter how desperate you get, try and save your energy for the real thing. After all, sex is a marathon, not a sprint. Read more about masturbation and the effects it has on your body.
- Stretching the quads and calves — Cramp is a big turn-off in the bedroom, with the quads and calves notably susceptible to sudden bouts of tightening pain. As a result, regularly stretching your leg muscles could seriously heighten your sexual experience, easing them into the demands of flexible sex-ercise. Don’t let muscular pain cramp your style. Work out those quads and calves and you’ll soon feel the benefits.
Sex shouldn’t just be about making a quick entry and an even quicker exit. Instead, if you really want to enjoy a night of steamy passion and appease your partner in the process, it might be worth undertaking a few extra-curricular exercises and lifestyle tweaks to truly reach your optimum performance.
Also read more articles on erectile dysfunction:
- Top 10 tips for stronger erections that last longer!
- Can diabetes cause erectile dysfunction?
- Erectile dysfunction: Causes and treatment
- Unable to satisfy partner due to erectile dysfunction
- Viagra and Erectile Dysfunction
- Can performance anxiety cause erectile dysfunction?
- Is porn giving me erectile dysfunction?
- Sex doubts: Masturbation, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, contraception and more
For more articles on male sex problems, check out our male sex problems section. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates! For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter. And to join discussions on health topics of your choice, visit our forum.