Is your child always craving for ready-to-eat two-minute noodles? Then here’s a healthy alternative for you and all you need are those leftover chapatis to create this yummy snack rich in vitamin B complex and fibre.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 4 servings
Low-fat butter 2 tsp
Onions sliced 1/2 cup
Capsicum sliced 1/2 cup
Garlic (lehsun chopped)1 pc finely
Tomato slices 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder (haldi)1/2 tsp
Chilli powder1/2 tsp
Black salt (sanchal)1/2 tsp
Kitchen king masala 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Leftover chapatis, cut into long strips 5
For The Garnish
Coriander (dhania) chopped 2 tbsp
Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions and capsicum from burning.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, turmeric powder and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for another 5 minutes.
- Add the black salt, kitchen king masala and salt and mix well.
- Add the chapati strips and toss well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and lemon wedges.
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 serving
Here is the original recipe source: Chapati Masala Noodles by Tarla Dalal