This recipe is great for those days when you don’t have the time to cook or have unexpected guests. Made of bajra and pumpkin, it comes packed with the goodness of calcium, proteins, iron and high in fiber. Apart from being a good way to slip in the dreaded kaddu (Pumpkin) into your family’s meal, it is a good way to ensure a balanced diet. A quick and easy to make recipe – just serve it with a bowl of curd and you are good to go.
Makes 6 rotis.
1/2 cup bajra (black millet) flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 cup grated red pumpkin
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
1 tsp oil for cooking
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the oil and make a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and shape into round balls.
- Roll out each portion into 125 mm. (5″) diameter rounds.
- Cook on a non-stick pan, using a little oil, till both sides are lightly browned.
- Repeat to make 5 more rotis.
- Serve hot.