Apanasana or the knee-to-chest pose is a great pose for those of you who might be battling any kind of stomach disorder. A great pose to relieve gas in the stomach, constipation, indigestion, bloating and acidity, apanasana is very effective in aiding and improving your digestion and detoxing your entire system. It is also a great pose to relax the muscles of the back, the tense muscles of the neck and thighs and can completely calm your mind. It is also an asana that you should perform after a long day of sitting at your desk, since it can do away with back strain that you might commonly feel at the end of the day. Read more about yoga asanas to help you relax.
Steps to do this pose: Lie on your back, and place your palms on your knees. As you exhale pull your legs to your chest gently. Allow your legs to move with the strength of your thighs rather than using your arms to pull them in too much. When you inhale loosen your grip, allowing your legs to move completely away from your tummy. Do this for a few breathes at your own pace. Let your breathe guide your movement. Hold this position for some time. Close your eyes, and if your mind is not at rest try counting your breaths. This helps reign in the mind and helps it calm down. When you feel calm, slowly lower your legs to the floor and relax.
You may also like to read:
- 12 yoga poses for weight loss
- 10 yoga poses to keep diabetes under control (gallery)
- 4 yoga poses to beat menstrual pain that really work
- Yoga asanas to beat hair loss
- Want glowing skin? Forget expensive creams and try yoga
- Control premature ejaculation with yoga
- Naked yoga – does it have any real health benefits?
- Keep your face fit with face yoga
- Try these yoga poses to improve digestion
- 7 yoga tips for a happy pregnancy
Know your yoga asana
- A yoga asana for instant relief from backaches – marjariasana or cat stretch
- Yoga pose for a stronger orgasm – dhanurasana
- Yoga asana for thighs, belly fat and buttocks
- Anulom-vilom pranayam – beat diabetes, heart disease and high cholesterol with this yoga asana
- Halasana – beat bad posture and backaches with this yoga asana
- Know your yoga asana – Veerbhadrasana
- Know your yoga asana – Vrkshasana
- Adho Mukho Svanasana – strengthen your upper body and calm your mind with this asana
- Know your yoga asana – Sarvangasana
- Know your yoga pose – Padmasana
For more yoga, check out our yoga section. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates! For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter. And to join discussions on health topics of your choice, visit our forum.