Cases of hypertension or high blood pressure are on the rise across the world. But what does hypertension mean? What does it do to your body? Watch this video to learn more about hypertension. Read more about causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of hypertension.
Read more about causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease.
It is the leading cause of premature deaths worldwide. It is known to increase the risk of ischemic heart disease, strokes, peripheral vascular disease and other cardiovascular diseases, including heart failure, aortic aneurysm, diffuse atherosclerosis and pulmonary embolism. Hypertension also puts you at risk of cognitive impairment, dementia and chronic kidney disease.
Read more about causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of stroke.
Read more about causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of peripheral vascular disease.
Video Source: Health Guru
You may also like to read:
- Herbal remedies for hypertension (Gallery)
- Gallery: Why is hypertension dangerous
- 10 ways hypertension or High BP affects your body
- World Hypertension Day 2013: How your heartbeats affect your BP
- World Health Day 2013: 10 diet tips for hypertension
- How beetroot can help reduce high BP or hypertension
- Beat high blood pressure with dal or lentils
For more articles on hypertension, visit our hypertension section. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates! For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter. And to join discussions on health topics of your choice, visit our forum.