Choose fabrics wisely
What you wear may also contribute to your dry, itchy skin. “Some people have very sensitive skin that will itch with certain fabrics, especially rough ones like wool,” says Dr. Barbara Reed, clinical professor of dermatology. Reed suggests that before you put on a potentially irritating piece of clothing you should gently rub the fabric against your cheek to see if it feels scratchy and causes your skin to itch. If it doesn’t cause a reaction, it’s probably a safe choice.
Indulge in milk bath once in a while to experience the goodness of milk and its moisturizing ability.
All said and done, you don’t have to accept dry, itchy, or flaky skin as a normal part of your life. By managing the factors that cause dry skin and by making some minor changes in your day-to-day life, you can enjoy healthy skin throughout the year and not just winter months.
Also read more articles on skincare:
- How to get flawless skin without dark spots and patches
- Beauty benefits of aloe vera gel
- Home remedies to get rid of unwanted facial hair
- 10 fruits and vegetables for glowing skin
- 10 reasons for dry skin
- Fruit face packs for flawless skin
- How to treat open pores
- 9 home-made face packs to remove tan
- Benefits of haldi for skin
- Saffron or kesar benefits for beautiful skin
For more articles on skincare, check out our skincare section. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates! For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter. And to join discussions on health topics of your choice, visit our forum.