Turmeric or haldi is one of India’s most widely used spices. Not only is it used to add colour and taste to our food but is also a natural remedy for various skin ailments. It is also a part of Hindu rituals. One of the most important ceremonies of Hindu weddings is the haldi ceremony where a paste made of turmeric is applied to the bride and the groom’s body and face to make their skin glowing for the wedding. Here are some benefits of turmeric that you can use to help with common beauty problems and get flawless looking skin.
Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of ageing. Take besan (gram flour) and turmeric powder in equal proportions and prepare a paste by adding water. You may alternatively prepare this paste in raw milk or even yoghurt. Apply it evenly on your body and leave it till it dries off. Wash it off with lukewarm water and scrub your face gently in circular motion.
You can use turmeric in combination with other ingredients to manage your wrinkle woes. Add raw milk and tomato juice to rice powder and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and let it stay until it dries. The lactic acid present in milk will help peel off the dead skin cells.
Not only does turmeric take care of scars and inflammation but also reduces oil secretion by sebaceous glands.
- To prepare a turmeric scrub, add a few drops of water and lemon juice to turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the acne and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently scrub it off your face with plain water.
- You can also use turmeric and sandalwood mixture as an acne face pack and wash it off in approximately 10 minutes.
- For acne scars, dab a mixture of turmeric and plain water and leave it on the marks for 15 minutes.
- To control oil secretion, prepare a paste of sandalwood powder and ground turmeric with orange juice. Leave the paste on your face for 10 minutes and then wash it with lukewarm water.
A mixture of besan (gram flour) and turmeric in yoghurt/raw milk/water can help lighten stretch marks.
In case you accidently burn your skin, you can turn to turmeric for quick relief owing to its antiseptic properties. Prepare a mixture of turmeric and aloe vera gel. Apply it on the burn and notice how it heals the wound in no time.
Apply a mixture of coconut oil/castor oil and turmeric powder on cracked heels preferably 15 minutes before you head to take a bath. It will help heal cracks.
These were some of the many skin benefits of turmeric that can give you flawless skin, the natural way.
Content sourced from BollywoodShaadis.com
Home remedies for your skin problems:
Home remedies for your hair problems:
- Hair loss
- Unwanted facial hair
- Colour greying hair
- Grandma’s remedies for skin and hair
- Oily hair
Also check out our home remedies for conditions:
Also read more articles on skincare:
- How to get flawless skin without dark spots and patches
- Beauty benefits of aloe vera gel
- Home remedies to get rid of unwanted facial hair
- 10 fruits and vegetables for glowing skin
- 10 reasons for dry skin
- Fruit face packs for flawless skin
- How to treat open pores
- 9 home-made face packs to remove tan
- Saffron or kesar benefits for beautiful skin
For more articles on skincare, check out our skincare section. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates! For daily free health tips, sign up for our newsletter. And to join discussions on health topics of your choice, visit our forum.